Greek-Inspired Spring Omelet
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 12 min.
Total: 22 min.
A light and refreshing Mediterranean-style meal made with egg whites and cucumber-yogurt sauce.
- 1/3 cup egg whites (about two eggs)
- 1 Tbs tzatziki (or nonfat plain yogurt)
- 3 asparagus spears
- 1 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 cherry tomatoes (red, yellow, or a mix), diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, saute asparagus until tender, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg whites and tzatziki; stir to combine.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Pour in egg white and allow it to spread over the skillet surface. Cook until egg turns white; about 2 minutes.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and place asparagus, tomatoes, green onions, and feta in the middle third of the omelet. Fold the sides of the omelet over the middle to cover the fillings.
- Serve hot with additional tzatziki. Salt and pepper to taste.
Calories from Fat 26 (20%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition facts are calculated by a food expert using nutritional values provided by the USDA for common products used as recipe ingredients. Actual nutritional values may differ depending on the amounts or products used and can be affected by cooking methods.