The natural oil extracted from the petals of a rose is supposed to be amongst the priciest essential oils available. Rose essential oil possesses numerous therapeutic properties that help in boosting one’s physical and mental conditions. In addition, rose essential oil is known to be very co-active in blending with other natural oils. The aroma of rose essential oil is extremely long-lasting, so much so that even using a few drops of this oil will ensure that your small bottle lasts long.
Rose essential oil is obtained through a process known as solvent extraction of the freshly collected rose petals. There is little doubt why this essential oil is so expensive – approximately 5000 pounds of rose petals are required to obtain just one pound of rose oil. It is important to note that rose essential oil has high spiritual properties and has been used traditionally over centuries during different ceremonies. History testifies this aspect of natural oil. In addition, as aforementioned, rose essential oil possesses several therapeutic properties. It is an effective remedy for sorrow, depression, unhappiness, lost love and the low periods in an individual’s life. Precisely speaking, rose essential oil has an uplifting effect on the mind and emotions.
The essential oil extracted from fresh rose petals through the solvent extraction process is a highly beneficial natural oil for women. This oil not only facilitates in balancing their hormonal system but also helps in dealing with their emotional issues. Moreover, rose essential oil is a lavish ingredient in many perfumes, skincare products, and massage oils as it adds the loaded fragrance of rose to these cosmetic products. Although surprising, the use of rose essential oil helps to mend the wrecked capillaries helps in treating susceptible and tender skin and is believed to be a fantastic tonic for the mature skin. The topical application of rose essential oil onto the skin makes it appear healthy and youthful.
As mentioned earlier, rose essential oil possesses numerous therapeutic properties. Some of them are mentioned briefly below and may be of use to you.
- Rose essential oil helps to augment an individual’s self-respect, optimism, self-belief, mental strength as well as facilitates combating depression effectively. In fact, this natural oil has been found to be very effective to treat melancholy or hopelessness among people enduring depression owing to some reason or the other. In addition, rose essential oil is also useful in alleviating nervous anxiety. Since rose oil is a potent anti-depressant, it may be given to patients suffering from severe depression and going through psychoanalysis. Administering regular doses of rose essential oil will help in bringing back hope and optimism to their life. In aromatherapy, rose oil is extensively used to raise constructive thoughts, spiritualism as well as feelings of bliss, cheerfulness, and optimism.
- Use of the essential oil distilled from the fresh petals of a rose is also effective in providing relief from respiratory tract spasms, seizures in the intestines as well as muscular contractions in the limbs. Rose essential oil also facilitates curing convulsions, cramps, muscle pulls as well as spasmodic cholera, which is said to be a result of spasms.
- Administering rose essential oil helps to comfort and soothe patients running a high fever. In such conditions, the essential oil distilled from fresh rose petals acts as a sedative that calms inflammation caused by fever. In addition to calming down patients suffering from fever, rose essential oil is also useful in other inflammatory conditions that may be caused by microbial contagions, indigestion, consuming toxic substances, dehydration, and others.
- Rose essential oil also possesses astringent properties which are a great benefit for our overall health. The astringent property of this natural oil helps to fortify the gums, hair roots, tone up as well as enliven the skin, tighten the muscles, intestines and blood vessels. These actions of rose essential oil provide protection from the premature fall of tooth and hair, untimely wrinkles, lack of firmness of the intestines and muscles in the abdominal region and the limbs that may be related to advancing age. In particular, the use of rose oil also aids in stopping the flow of blood from wounds and cuts since its astringent property helps to contract the blood vessels. In addition, owing to its astringent property, rose essential oil is also effective in treating specific types of diarrhea.
- Rose essential oil is often considered to be the utmost aromatic and possibly a magnificent manner to heal your injuries and also protect them from turning out to be septic or catching any infection.
- Apart from possessing effective anti-viral properties, rose essential oil is also considered to be an excellent bactericide. Hence, this natural oil is widely used to treat ailments, such as cholera, diarrhea, food poisoning, typhoid and other diseases that are caused by bacterial infections. In addition, the essential oil of rose is also effective in curing internal contagions caused by bacteria as in the case of the stomach, colon, intestines and the urinary tract. At the same time, this oil is equally effective in treating external bacterial infections of the eyes, ears, skin, and wounds.
- The use of rose essential oil helps to enhance the flow of bile from the gall bladder and, at the same time, control the intensity of acids in the stomach and bloodstream. By regulating the acid levels in the stomach and the bloodstream, rose oil helps in protecting one from conditions like acidosis and acidity. In addition, augmentation in the secretion of bile facilitates the digestion of ingested foods along with the acids exuded in the stomach.
- Besides the uses of rose oil mentioned above, it is also effective in treating a number of problems associated with females, such as tumors, uterine discharges, irregular menses, bleeding, and others. In addition, rose essential oil also helps to disinfect the uterus and helps the organ to function properly even during advanced ages. Most importantly, regular use of rose essential oil by women may also help to delay the onset of menopause.
- It is important to note that it is almost impossible to get protection from different viruses or get oneself vaccinated against all the pathogens. This is primarily owing to the fact that the majority of these pathogens, especially viruses, camouflage them each time they return and result in various ailments by hoodwinking our immune system. The viruses that cause cold and influenza are ideal examples of this vicious cycle. Hence, people often wonder what measures they ought to initiate in order to avoid these microbes and keep them in the pink of health. In such cases, it is best to use an anti-viral that acts as protection against all types of viruses that may attack our system. The rose essential oil is one such effective anti-viral that provides a safeguard against different types of viral infections.
- Rose essential oil also possesses stomachic properties, which means that it facilitates the digestion of ingested foods in the stomach. In addition, the use of rose oil also helps to alleviate stomach problems, calm down stomach inflammations, helps the stomach to function properly and also protect it from various infections. Moreover, this natural oil is effective in protecting the stomach from getting ulcers that usually occur as a result of the surplus production of acids and their subsequent release into the stomach.
- The attribute of rose essential oil to heal wounds (also known as cicatrizant property) may be of immense interest to people who are very cautious and concerned regarding their looks. In fact, the cicatrizant property of rose essential oil is effective in erasing the scars caused by wounds or marks left behind by chickenpox, acne, and boils from the skin surface. This attribute of rose oil is also helpful in removing stretch marks as well as scratches caused during surgery, fat cracks that are usually related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- The essential oil extracted from the rose petals also functions as a tonic or stimulant for the nerves. In fact, rose oil provides them with potency to endure shocks and, at the same time, safeguards them from several disorders owing to advanced age, injuries and other aspects.
- The essential oil of rose also sanitizes the blood by facilitating the blood to get rid of toxic substances by neutralizing some of them. When the blood is disinfected and made toxin-free, people are naturally protected from botheration, such as ulcers, boils, skin diseases, rashes, and other problems.
- The hepatic property of rose essential oil helps in maintaining the proper health and functioning of the liver. In other words, the use of rose oil is very helpful for the liver. Rose essential oil not only helps to keep the liver robust but also ensures that it functions properly and is shielded from all infections. In addition, the hepatic property of rose oil also helps in treating problems, such as surplus secretion of bile and acids into the stomach, ulcers in the gastrointestinal system and others.
- Rose essential oil is especially beneficial for women, as it helps to heal and alleviate several problems specific to them. For instance, the use of rose oil encourages the secretion of hormones, thereby, activating proper menstruations. This oil is especially useful for women who have been enduring hindered and/ or irregular menses. At the same time, rose essential oil also helps in providing relief from cramps, cures nausea, and fatigue and also diminishes pains generally associated with menstruations and menopause.
- The hemostatic property of rose essential oil or its ability to stop bleeding may often be extremely helpful for people who have been suffering from hemorrhage (internal or external bleeding) following an injury or surgery. This characteristic of the essential oil distilled from the fresh rose petals expedites blood clotting or coagulation of blood on the surface of the wound and helps to stop the hemorrhage. This is a vital property of the oil since it can save the life of patients suffering from a hemorrhage.
BLENDS WELL WITH
- clary sage
- aging skin
- all skin disorders
- blood cleansing
- broken capillaries
- eye complaints
- gall bladder
- mouth ulcers
- nervous disposition
- premenstrual tension
- respiratory problems
- sore throats
The essential oil extracted from fresh rose petals is one of the most expensive oils available in the market. Since it is scarce, usually unscrupulous traders adulterate this natural oil by mixing it with other oils. Usually, geranium oil or geraniol is used to adulterate the essential oil extracted from fresh rose petals. Hence, while buying this essential oil you ought to be extra cautious that you are not being cheated. You ought to remember that adulterated rose oil does not possess any therapeutic property that is typical in the genuine rose essential oil.
At the same time, you ought to keep in mind that rose essential oil should never be used by pregnant women since it has emmenagogic (a medication that has the ability to stimulate menstrual discharge) properties. Moreover, this natural oil should not be used by cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. This oil is useful in alleviating headaches when used in gentle or diluted amounts. However, the effects can be reversed when rose essential oil is used in high concentrations for the same purpose.
Rose Essential Oil: Embodying the Sacred Feminine
THE ROSE BEARS RICH MYTHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATIONS WITH THE DIVINE FEMININE, SO IT IS NO COINCIDENCE THAT ROSE ESSENTIAL OIL IS ASSOCIATED WITH FEMININE ENERGETICS.
- Chinese Medicine names rose a powerful Yin tonic.
- Rose essential oil is known for regulating menstruation and helping women through menopause. Many aromatherapists believe rose essential oil to exert a tonic effect on the uterus and to aid in conception.
- The emotional effects of rose essential oil is maybe even more important than its physical ones. Rose is said to promote feelings of self-worth and confidence, specifically in women, and is considered especially helpful in cases of postpartum “blues.”
- Rose essential oil can lift a heavy mood and inspire feelings of beauty and self-confidence in those times when we just feel inadequate or less attractive.
- Rose essential oil’s ability to comfort is well-known and has been described as feeling like a mother’s warm embrace. For this reason, it is a wonderful essential oil to use for anyone who has had a loss or trauma, who is facing death, or who needs to experience the deeply nurturing aspect of the Sacred Feminine for any reason.
- Beautifully fragrant and subtle rose essential oil is a wonderful way to honor the Sacred Feminine and to bring the Goddesses’ gifts of rejuvenation and healing into your home and into your life.
Rose absolute is one of the most coveted and expensive absolutes on the face of the Earth. It possesses an aphrodisiac olfactory quality that is unmistakable and sublime. Rose petals are harvested by hand prior to sunrise to capture its purest essence. It takes between 5,000 and 10,000 pounds of rose petals to produce 1 pound of rose essential oil. Its water is a symbol of love and purity used in meditation and prayer. In ancient medicine rose was used for strengthening the heart, treating menstrual bleeding, digestive problems, and the reduction of inflammation.
Recent studies have demonstrated rose has anti-HIV properties, antioxidant capability, antitussive (cough suppressant), and is used for relaxation and to calm spasms. It has been reported that rose possesses sedative and hypnotic effects With its mild antiviral and antibacterial properties, rose essential oil assists with nausea, headaches, broken capillaries, irregular menstruation, aging mature skin, is balancing and rejuvenating to the skin, eczema, palpitations, and mouth infections. It is very effective as an antidepressant, helps with impotence, nervous tension, and is a powerful aphrodisiac.
Rose absolute is an antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, astringent, emmenagogue, hemostatic, sedative, tonic, antiviral
Rose absolute is an exotic and sensual addition to cosmetic applications, personal care formulations, soaps, perfumery, incense, and candles.
Rose and Chamomile Clay Face Mask
Our skin is designed to do its job naturally. Eating a healthy diet, staying hydrated and using whole, simple products all support the idea that our skin can breathe and do its job naturally. The less we put on our skin and the less we switch up our routines with new products, the more your skin can do its own work. Our skin is the communication between our environment and the inner workings of our bodies! Through our skin, we see the diverse energetic system inside us and any imbalances we may be experiencing. Studies have found that our skin absorbs at least 60-70% of what we put on it. So what goes ON your body, ultimately goes into the body. There are some nasty products out there full of unnatural ingredients, like parabens. These widely-used preservatives are estimated to be in 60-90 of all makeup and skincare products, so stick to products that are natural, free of toxic chemicals, and products that you could essentially eat.
Rosewater for skin hydration: A spritz after cleansing and again during the day does wonders for the skin’s freshness and moisture, plus you get the added aromatherapy effect from the roses leaving you relaxed, refreshed and feeling pampered. Other herbal hydrosols can be used in replace of rosewater, and you can pair according to your own constitution.
Cleanse and moisturize with oil. It’s simple, and it keeps you away from all the other toxic ingredients out there. Not only can you cleanse, remove makeup, oil pull and moisturize, but oils like coconut are also rich in healthy fats, making it another great thing to eat! Before a hot shower, try massaging oil into your skin. Then wipe off the oil with a warm wet washcloth in the shower. It leaves your skin feeling clean and smooth.
Rose and Chamomile Clay Face Mask: Herbal masks with clay help to pull out toxins and gently exfoliate your skin. Adding honey or coconut oil helps to not to dry out the skin too much. Apply to a damp face and work in circular motions. Allow it to dry (5-10 minutes) and wash off gently with a warm washcloth. Follow with a bit of coconut oil and a spritz of rosewater! Ingredients: powdered rose petals, rose kaolin clay, honey, coconut oil, and a drop of chamomile essential oil.
Dry skin brushing helps support your lymphatic system, which is responsible for ridding the body of stagnation, resulting in healthy and resilient skin! Skin brushing also supports the immune and digestive systems, both of which are involved in detox.
Sweat: Although it is a major eliminative organ, most people’s skin is very inactive. Sweat is a primary elimination route for toxins. Making a habit of getting a good workout at least once a week, or if you can, a hot sauna or bath works magic for the skin and assists its ability to breathe, stay hydrated and glow.